Uganda Cricket Association (UCA) exists to govern and grow the game of cricket in Uganda, providing year-round programs at every level to drive success, inspiring Unity and Diversity. We are forward-looking and motivated to achieve international Excellence and National popularity by bringing pride to Uganda. At this exciting juncture, we are looking to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer to be based in Kampala
Lead, direct and oversee all strategic and business aspects of the Association, taking action to enhance the Association’s cash flow, public relations, culture, and performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain deep knowledge of the sport, develop and spearhead the spread of the game of Cricket throughout the country.
2. Act as the primary spokesperson and ambassador for UCA and the sport, as well as a direct liaison between the Board of Directors and staff of UCA, and a focal point of contact for the shareholders.
3. Lead the development and implementation of strategic plans designed to help achieve the Association’s business growth in the short and long term.
4. Liaise and strengthen partnerships with all our key stakeholders including sponsors, Central Government, local district sports heads, schools, cricket clubs, international and regional cricketing organizations – International Cricket Council (ICC) and African Cricket Association.
5. Lead commercial strategy in conjunction with senior leadership to drive revenue across multiple verticals.
6. Encourage employee engagement and provide overall leadership while building an operations team to support the needs of UCA.
7. Budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
8. Ideate new ways to incorporate technology into the sport of cricket and introduce innovation to the current ecosystem.
9. Develop regional and district administrative setups as a means to develop and spread the game and subsequently communicate with these Associations once operational.
10. Develop and implement strategies to expand participation in the sport at the youth and university levels.
11. Participate in organization-related events or associations that will enhance the organization's reputation and potential for success.
12. Lead organizational compliance with the policies and procedures of the ICC.
13. Hire, develop, and motivate a professional staff in support of the strategic priorities.
14. Oversee the setting of specific management and staff performance objectives and KPIs.
15. Oversee the performance evaluation and appraisal of all staff and the Association. 16. Identify skills and knowledge gaps and propose remedies to build the capacity of Association staff. 17. Receive and address all queries, suggestions and disciplinary issues escalated from operations. 18. Develop periodic reports (performance, activity) to be sent to the Board of Directors. 19. Attend and chair regular team meetings with management, staff, and the Board. 20. Other duties as assigned by the Board.
1. A relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Excellent command of both spoken and written English.
3. 3-4 years’ extensive experience in a managerial and/or leadership role.
4. Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
Skills and Competencies
1. Prudent manager and inspiring leader.
2. Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, I.T, and operations.
3. Developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Good listening and negotiation skills.
5. Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
6. Good working knowledge of the sport of cricket is an added advantage.
7. Ability to build and nurture strong business relationships.
• Ability to Lead and Supervise
• Ability to Decide and Initiate Action
• Ability to Relate and Network
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
Uganda Cricket Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants based on merit without regard to race, gender, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have n0t heard from us by the end of April 2022, consider your application unsuccessful.