ADVERT – CEO: UGANDA CRICKET
UGANDA Cricket is the custodian of all cricket structures and programs in Uganda. Uganda Cricket herewith announces a vacancy for the position of CEO. This position is the leader of all programs under the auspice of Uganda Cricket.
The CEO will report directly to Board of UCA through the Chairman and Hon Secretary
1) Implementation of Uganda Cricket’s strategic vision
2) Human resources management
3) Oversee National Men’s, Women and High-Performance programs
4) Financial management and reporting
5) Reporting to National and International governing bodies
6) Brand and marketing management
7) Stakeholder engagement
TERMS OF EMPLOYEMENT
The following are the Terms of Reference but not limited to this position.
- Three-year contract which will be renewable once for the same period
- Annual review of terms based on performance targets
- Attractive salary, annual bonus based on performance targets, health insurance and transport allowance
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ DESCRIPTION
The main areas of responsibility under the job specifications are classified below:
1) Implementation of Uganda Cricket’s strategic vision:
· Increase the access and participation of Ugandans in all Regions and of all demographics.
· Optimization of International Cricket Council scorecard.
· Drive inclusivity in all aspects and levels of the game.
· Increase participation of female players in hard ball cricket.
· Ensure global competitiveness of national teams.
2) Human resource management:
· Oversee Program Leaders of all development programs within Uganda Cricket.
· Enhance the efficiency of administration of development programs in clubs, schools, regional centers and mini-cricket.
· Build capacity of administrative and operational personnel.
3) Oversee national Men’s, Women and High-Performance programs:
· Sustain and improve the pathway for players in the pipeline to national teams.
· Increase international participation opportunities.
· Maintain and enhance on-field performance of national teams.
4) Financial management and reporting.
· Develop and implement clear budgetary and reconciliation strategies and methods.
· Implement financials systems to ensure accurate payments and safeguarding of finances.
· Cash flow, debtors, infrastructure (fixed asset management), Financial risk management
· Oversee audit process, familiar with Pastel
· Financial reporting to the International Cricket Council.
5) Reporting to National and International governing bodies:
· Accurate and timeous reporting to Governing bodies in Uganda, ICC Africa and ICC International.
· Familiar with International Cricket Council safeguarding, anti-doping, anti-corruption, policies and procedures.
6) Brand and Marketing management
· Oversee brand and marketing portfolio. Inclusive of print and digital channels, locally and internationally.
· Achieve non-ICC income targets for all Programs.
· Ensure international recognition and awards.
· Manage the sale of digital and broadcasting rights internationally.
7) Stakeholder engagement
· Form and uphold business relationships with relevant stakeholders, including schools, clubs, committees, sponsors and governing bodies.
BASIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate shall have the following skills and relevant experience required for the position:
· A university degree with a minimum of five years working experience in a senior managerial position
· A Masters degree in Business Management - Finance
· Post graduate qualification in Project management will be an added advantage
· In depth knowledge of the game of Cricket and management, both local and international with proven international contacts
· Knowledge regarding the governance of cricket
· Administration of sports at national level.
· Commercialization of sports
· Sponsorship and broadcasting negotiations and contracting
· Designing and implementation of strategy
· Marketing strategies
· Stakeholder management and relationships
· Communication skills with reference to speaking, writing, and presenting
· Thorough understanding of cricket